Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Mlinaric On Decorating" by Mirabel Cecil & David Mlinaric




Having been a book addict for many years, I have decided to periodically tell readers about new acquisitions as well as my personal all time favorites. Yesterday I purchased a new book from one of my favorite book shops, Potterton Books at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. Their other US shop is located in the D&D building in NY. The book "Mlinaric On Decorating" by Mirabel Cecil & David Mlinaric is exceptionally photographed with the most beautiful rooms - richly understated and timelessly elegant. There is much valuable reading material here as the book covers an extensive time frame and projects ranging from important public galleries such as London's National Gallery and the Victoria and Albert Museum but also interiors for many private clients such as Mick Jagger and the Rothschild family. Being an embroiderer myself that specializes in interior furnishings, my eye for detail is very much satisfied by each photo. I only wish the bed featured on page 254 from the Muse residence in Dallas had detail shots of the embroidered treatment on the headboard, canopy, hangings and bed skirt - they appear wonderful but are appropriately subtle and pale - so I can't see details clearly enough. This is truly one great addition to my library. I hope you will enjoy it, too! Published by Frances Lincoln Limited $65

No comments:

Post a Comment