Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kaveri Singh - Interior Artist


A photograph of two Acanthus pillows I recently made for The Wiseman Group are shown a few posts below. As I mentioned in the post, the design was created by my good friend Kaveri Singh. I have known Kaveri and her husband TJ for many years as a result of a design project we shared in the late 1990's. Kaveri did the decorative painting and glazing throughout the house, I worked on the interiors. We became acquainted by mixing paint together – matching this fabric or that wall covering. Among the many notable projects we did together in the house included a dining room with a beautifully articulated hand painted ceiling and wall panels. Here is a photograph of one of her more recent works of art - she hand painted the walls of this large entry with a Chinoiserie style treatment featuring bamboo, flowers and birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment