Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gold Beaded Fortuny "Impero" Pillows


I have just finished two new hand-beaded Fortuny pillows. The pattern name is “Impero” and the color is described as copper with silvery gold. I used gold lined crystal 3-cut beads for the embellishments. Each of the pair of pillows is 18” x 23” and the back and small welt are pigsuede in the same color as the Fortuny background.

This is one of my favorite Fortuny fabrics – years ago, I found an antique panel which had a beautiful patina. For those pillows I used antique pewter beads which complimented the oxidized metallic print.

I have also used the image on this pattern in part to embellish the back of a banquette. The inspiration appears to be just about limitless. Be sure to select the photograph with your cursor to see an enlarged view of the pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment