Sunday, January 18, 2009

Claremont Paisley Fabric in Hand Embroidered Chain Stitch

Above is one of four pillows made from a Claremont fabric that I sent to India for hand embroidery. I believe this fabric is hand printed in France. The colors are rich and earthy and I thought the hand embroidery would give a nice primitive texture to the fabric design that is over-embroidered.

There are several colors used to embellish the surface and with a variety of stitches. French Knots are used around the large leaf shapes and chain stitch and back stitch are used for the rest of the pillow. The floss is cotton. here is a detail of the pillow front. Click on either of the two photos for an enlarged view.


I have four pillows from this pattern - two 20" square pillows and two 18" x 23" pillows. Both sizes are filled with feather and down, have a Samuel and Sons fan trim and a Michael S. Smith Jasper Collection fabric back.

See the post below for an additional pillow collection I had embroidered in India. My global production experiment is a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment