Monday, February 16, 2009

Barbara Broccoli Family Crest

Some time ago, I was approached by designers Annie Young and Dot Spikings about reproducing a family crest. The crest was taken from an enamelled piece of glass, from the home of Producer Albert Broccoli of the famed James Bond series and Annie and Dot wanted it for the backs of bar stools in the home of daughter Barbara Broccoli.

This version is on a different fabric - this is a linen velvet from Rose Tarlow Melrose House, but the final version was done on a bright saffron colored fabric from C&C Milano with the thread colors staying the same. The colors were selected based on those used for the window pane - keeping quite true to the original was the goal.

Once again I called on my friend and digitizer Jerilee Auclair for the digitizing of this complex design and as always, I'm glad I did. Her articulation and layering of the areas worked extremely well and was a treat to watch sew on my computerized embroidery machine. As usual, I never did see the end result of my work - the completed crests went to the upholstery workroom, the stools were completed and installed. Annie and Dot tell me they were beautiful and a delight to Ms. Broccoli, thus another job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment