Sunday, February 1, 2009

Villa Savoia Pillows Sighted in Elle Decor

I was skimming through the new March 2009 issue of Elle Decor Magazine when some pillows at a window seat caught my attention. Sure enough, they were pillows done a while ago for designer Waldo Fernandez for his client Director-Producer Brett Ratner. The house, once owned by Ingrid Bergman as well as Allan Carr is "one of the most famous residences in Hollywood."

The residence is featured on page 90-97 with my pillows being the two embroidered ones facing each other in the center of the window seat. They utilize the double self mitered flange and I think they were made on Rogers & Goffigon linen.

The Designer, Mr. Fernandez, has been one of my favorites in town for years. His style is strong and spare and contains a rich simplicity that I admire. If you have the opportunity to view the magazine, be sure and take a look - it may be a bit of an eye strain - so I've attached the above, a close up view of the seating area.

Below are four other pillows I made for Mr. Fernandez - I found this picture on his website. They are chain stitch technique in a floral pattern and coordinating leaf pattern. The room is beautiful and I'm happy to have my work included in such a lovely interior. I have also attached a close up view of one of the completed pillow fronts used for the sofa pillows so that you could get a good view of the lovely detail of the chain stitch floral motif.



No comments:

Post a Comment