Saturday, March 28, 2009

Westweek 2009 at Villa Savoia, Inc.

Westweek 2009 took place Wednesday and Thursday March 25th and 26th here at the Pacific Design Center. A busy time for all here, most showrooms make an effort to freshen their appearance and here at Villa Savoia, I too took the opportunity to make a few changes.

Wishing to feature my beaded Fortuny pillows and my love for Venice, I brought some of my treasures from home and my portable storage facility on wheels (my car) to help with the task.

One of my favorite pieces of art usually hangs over my living room fireplace. But for now, it will remain here at the showroom for a while. The charcoal drawing of a Venetian canal and bridge is a beautiful rendering framed with care by Memento, here in Santa Monica. Memento has framed most of my art and artifacts for years and the job they do is sensational. Much of what you see in the photos I have acquired over the years from Bonhams and Butterfields auction house. I love buying antique chairs and reupholstering them with embroidered textiles. It spotlights my work and is at the same time an economical way of featuring embroidery on beautiful pieces of furniture. What you see is the very front of my showroom; the other areas include my office space, cutting room and areas for two computerized embroidery machines. Those areas are not so neat and orderly!

My good friend interior designer Frank McGinley was kind enough to bring me the floral arrangement. Take a look at his work at this link www.frankmcginley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment