Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cocktail Time

I have embroidered tons of napkins over the years. Some of my favorites have been cocktail napkins. More of a conceptual entertainer than an actual one myself, I have a huge collection of antique, vintage and new linens that I've collected over the years.

The above photo shows one of my favorite cocktail napkins. I embroidered this particular Sferra napkin for a client who gave a set as a gift. That is my stemmed glass - I found that set of stemware at auction years ago. The embroidered set below is used with Richard Ginori china, one of my favorite manufacturers of fine china.

The beautiful monogram below was made for a designer - utilizing the couples last name initials H and K. The image itself was found in a journal of antique letter combinations. Also shown below is a napkin with a large coral red linen border on white that I made for my own use with my collection of vintage Fiesta Ware dishes. The design is traditional yet made lighthearted by using bright colors and accented with the simple yellow flower. Finding the time to use them is the biggest challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment