Sunday, July 26, 2009

Custom Embroidered M Monogram for Chair Backs


It seems lately I am doing quite a collection of monograms for upholstery. Having just finished the pearl encrusted S about a week ago, I am now finished with two inside chair backs. The M is modified from a previously digitized AL monogram, which for maximum decorative effect, was mirror imaged to form a beautiful emblem.

Single letter monograms are generally not quite as emblematic, and in my search for the perfect historical document, I never found one that was exactly right. That said, I started to review others that could be modified and one that I already had seemed perfect for use. The size of this monogram is 10" wide by 8.25" high - it is a perfectly scaled size to rest on the back of the chair without taking over the chair.

This monogram was digitized by my good friend and digitizing guru Jerilee Auclair - she also managed the color change modification which now makes the M stand out in great glory. The depth of Jerilee's satin stitches is amazing. Next up is a letter A monogram which will be used on a foot board panel of a Michael S. Smith bed. I will be posting that in a few days.

11 comments:

  1. beautiful! what font was used???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not a font - it was actually a modification on an antique monogram of an A and L that were mirror imaged to create this wonderful emblem. The M was created by strategically selecting parts of other letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. suzycraig@comcast.netJune 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM

    This is beautiful, I'd love a whole collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for something like a monogram for the MM is there? Where can I buy it?

    Rosefairy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, how much would you charge for the above M monogram on a piece of my own fabric? I would like to make a curtain pelmet and would like the monogram in golds. Please email me if you can do it janine_ludewig@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I am looking for a monogram FLD, with L being the last name and F/D the first names. If you would be willing to help, please email me at budmeister@aol.com and use the subject MONOGRAM

    beautiful work!

    thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really happy to be visiting your blog. Thanks for the share.... Keep posting such an interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to put an M on the back of a chair. Do you do this? Do I send you my fabric? How do I get an estimate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      If you would like more information, please email me at VillaSavoiaInc@gmail.com.

      Thanks!
      Michael

      Delete
  9. Do you still do the embroidery? I'm interested in having a custom pillow made with the M, shown abvove. My email is desfabs2008@swbell.net. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please email me at VillaSavoiaInc@gmail.com.
    Best,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete