Friday, September 11, 2009

Custom Embroidered Tablecloth with Linens


The above photo was taken at my home. The tablecloth I hand-guided machine embroidery on J.Robert Scott Silk; the trim is from Decor de Paris. The Linens are from Sferra, the tableware is Cristofle, the dishes from Genori, the glasses are vintage Mirano.

The napkin is embroidered with a design taken from an antique embroidery I found on eBay. I had my good friend JeriLee Auclair digitize it for me. I used just part of the pattern, there is a beautifully articulated birds nest with eggs that is an optional part of the leaf pattern. It is also beautifully used with a monogram.

The border on the tablecloth is my Spanish Border, a border I have used a number of times for curtains. I is large at the corners and slims down on the sides. Taken from an antique piece of embroidery I acquired some time ago, it can be interpreted in many different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment