Friday, April 30, 2010

Rogers & Goffigon Custom Outlines



I have always enjoyed the fantastic effect a simple embroidered outline can bring to fabric. Whether it be on Fortuny or in this case, a beautiful Rogers & Goffigon textile, the difference can be dramatic.

The fabric is "Mirador" and the color is Mirage and it is 50% wool and 50% linen - it has to me a decidedly arts and crafts feel. I loved this fabric the first time I saw it at Cowtan & Tout here in Los Angeles and I'm glad I have finally had a chance to embellish it.

In the top photograph you see a close up of the embroidered detail - it consists of a multi-thread cord which is achieved by creating a bobbin of threads which are used in the Cornely machine, a turn-of-the-century hand-guided machine. The cord is accented using a hand-guided chain stitch. The second photo shows The final panel (one of two,) shown in the last photo, was embroidered for on of my favorite designers, Waldo Fernandez of Waldo's Designs. They are to be upholstered on two small bench seats. I like these panels so much that I purchased a couple of yards to make some pillows for my showroom.

1 comment:

  1. Very useful blog here - glad to see this level of detail devoted to the craft! Please keep up the good work!

    Freddy Victoria

    www.fpvictoria.com

    ReplyDelete